The site is located in Korgen, Hemnes municipality, close to a large grid transformer. Favorable climate with cold, dry conditions and little wind.
Distance to airport
- Powered Land AS (80% Aker Horizons and 20% Nordkraft)
- Area type
- Zoning in process. Expected finished in 2023.
- Location/building for sale or rent
- Sale / rent
- Flat plot / terrain that is easy to develop. Ground cover is forest including some swamps.
- Nordkraft website
- Area size
- 100 000m2. Working to increase the area
- General infrastructure
- Statnett (main transformer 700m from site). Statkraft has 3 power plants in the municipality and all of Statkraft's facilities in the north are remotely controlled from the operations center in Korgen. Purchases of major capital goods and services are mainly made from Mo i Rana and some from Mosjøen. In Hemnes, you find companies in construction and transport industry. For larger projects, it is a relatively short distance to, for example Mo i Rana, where you have access to all services (construction, operation and maintenance etc).
- Surrounding business
- Industrial area in Villmoneset, Statskraft operation centre for Northern Norway, town centre (approx 2 km)
- Access to expertise
- Competence on hydropower, construction and transport. Large industry environment in Mo i Rana and Mosjøen , 35 min away.
- Access to fiber/wifi
- Redundant fiber access with international dark fiber. Several operators (Kysttele, Stamfiber, Telenor and Statnett)
- Water capacity
- Close to local water- and sewer system
- Power capacity
- 200 MW 420/132 kV Voltage, 1 transformer today, N-1 redundant and renewable energy supply
- Renewable share
- 56 km (Røssvoll) to Mo i Rana airport and 57 km to Mosjøen airport ("Kjærstad").
- Freight terminal
- 40 km (Mo i Rana)
- 40 km (Mo i Rana port).